Friday, July 25, 2008

HERB JAR WALL


It seems that no matter how big my herb orders are, I'm constantly running out of stock. I made a Headache Relief Tea, but had to first order 3 herbs. After I finished making a large jar of the loose herbs, I ran out of 2 more different herbs ands wouldn't you know, someone came into the shop and bought the whole 10 oz. jar of herbs. So now, I'm out of headache tea and am out of 2 of the herbs that go into the tea.


I can not get everything I need from one company, so when I put in my herb orders I must have paid out $50 in shipping charges. That is absolutely outrageous. Maybe I should start growing my own, but then I'd have to spend all my time in the fields and I'd rather be sewing!!


Here's a picture of one of the herb walls in my shop. I must have about 160 medicinal herbs, about 90 culinary herbs, probably 60 or so herbal teas, and 20 (?) green and black teas. It really has to be seen to be believed.

No comments: