Wednesday, August 12, 2009

POST HERITAGE FESTIVAL PICS

Here are a few pics of my stand when I participated in the Heritage Festival of our little town of Benton, PA.














I used my collection of traditional quilts that I have made over the years and covered all the tables. These are baskets of fat quarters all in small calico-like prints. I only brought things that looked like they were from that time period. I also had some enamelware buckets filled with rolled up wool, but I didn't get a picture of those.



The top shelf here is redwork patterns and supplies and the lower shelves are enamelware pans filled with an assortment of tea.




























I travelled the back roads around our farm and gathered about 24 fresh herb bunches and displayed them in old blue mason jars lined up on the tables. This seemed a fitting sign.
























Here are the herbs that were used during the Civil War in our area. I used wooden clothespins and attached tags with the herb name and what they were used for. Everybody thought it was pretty neat.



























I also clipped lavender, chamomile, bee balm and mints from
my garden. My stand was very colorful and smelled heavenly.




No comments: