Monday, March 28, 2016

AN AMERICANA QUILT PATTERN......

by COUNTRY THREADS.
Since I sell patterns in my shop I like to have finished models made.
The patterns sell faster that way.

 I went thru my homespuns and flannels and put a pile on the cutting table and was able
to pick and choose to make the different units.

Don't worry.... the letters do spell something!


Americana flower blooms.

The background is pieced and I had to add the borders as I went because some of
the units get stitched on the borders.

Here is the finished top loaded on the longarm system.
Liberty Basket.......by Country Threads.
They've gone out of business but I still have some patterns available.

Because there are so many different areas separated by applique,
I decided to quilt randomly and with abandon.
No rhyme or reason...just lines here and there...circles wherever.
Circles around circles.

Some of the border is done with piano key and another section with a
type of checkerboard and clam shells on a third border.
I opted to do the borders in three different red fabrics and then thought each
color should be a different quilt style.

Don't know why the picture got turned but can't figure out how to upright it.

The backing fabric is a cute Americana print.
I'm thinking it is
 a Debbie Mumm from quite a few years ago.

And then a sneak peak at the next project in the works.

Happy Stitching Quilty Friends.....








No comments: