Thursday, April 28, 2016

A TEACHING PROJECT............

.......on paper piecing.
I taught a class on paper-piecing.
Not sure but I think the pattern is called something like
Friendship Circle.
I like to practice ruler work on non-customer quilts.
Still trying to master the continuous line of quilting with
minimum starts and stops.
Its hard because I don't like to do too much backtracking
over previous stitching lines.
Close-up of the block.
I used a light teal/green thread and it blended
really well even on the mauve pink.
Love the texture of the quilting on the back.
I used the same teal/green for the backing even though
the picture is not showing any color.
I like to use my projects but am not sure what to do with this one....
Maybe a table topper or wallhanging....except these are not really colors I like.
Oh Darn!!!!

My next two projects are tablerunners and they are both fall-themed.
Plus, I have another applique project cut out and waiting to start.

Until next time...........
Happy stitching everyone!









No comments: