Monday, April 11, 2016

HOMESPUN TABLERUNNER...........

............on and off the longarm system today.
There are 2 each of 21 different 1" fabric strips surrounded by a
blue and gray pinstripe border.

The colors a very muted and looks so old-fashioned.
The strips are assorted greens, blues, browns and tan colors.
It would look perfect in a period house.
The size is 19 x 51".

The side borders are quilted with a 3/4" beadboard pattern and
the ends are just a single row of stitching 1" apart.
I couldn't decide what to do in the center so I just did a soft, rounded zigzag
over three rows at a time.

The backing is the same pinstripe as the borders.
The quilting really shows up on the back.
Binding is a black and blue mini check.
It is all machine pieced and quilted and the binding is also machine stitched for durability.
I like to use the things I make so I make sure they are machine wash and dryable.
 

Well..........That was my project for today.
A good way to spend a rainy day in Northeast PA.

Happy Stitching everyone!!!

No comments: