Friday, April 29, 2016

STRIP PIECED TABLERUNNER...........


                                 ............IN AN ASSORTMENT of fall and autumn hued fabrics.

I have an awful large amount of scraps and I store them by color in bins
underneath the longarm system for easy accessibility.
Every once in a while I like to mindlessly sew strips together and
make tablerunners.
I say mindlessly because there is not a lot of thinking or measuring involved in
making simple tablerunners.

There are 25 ...1" strips across the center of this tablerunner so I used
increments of five and did some ruler work.
No rhyme or reason to the design, just some V shapes and then arches in between.

A view of the back....which is a cute candy corn pattern.
This tablerunner is reversible.
Use the candy corn side for October and Halloween and then turn it over
and use the striped side for Autumn and Thanksgiving.
My big wooden crate full of dried gourds came in handy for these photos!

Being a shop owner I always have to be a few months ahead of the seasons.
My next project is a more formal autumn tablerunner.
I'm off to the happy quilter's loft to load it
on the longarm system right now!


Until next time........
Happy stitching everyone!




No comments: