Friday, May 20, 2016

TABLERUNNERS ARE A GOOD WAY TO........

............practice longarm machine quilting skills.
I can put together a tablerunner top in an hour or two
and load it on the longarm system.

For the center I did a 1" diagonal grid going first one way and then the other way.
Since the center fabric is so dark and busy I didn't think a lot of
detail quilting would show, so the grid was a nice option and I got to practice my straight lines.
I treated the narrow inner border and the wider outer border as one unit.
I quilted arches down the length and then added beadboard stitching between the arches.
I like how they look.
Now....I'm not sure why....I did a simple beadboard on each end border.
There must have been a reason for that but not sure what it is.
Even so....it still looks great!
For the backing I used a lovely Moda fabric.
It has holly leaves and berries and the binding matches perfectly.
So the front is autumn themed with pumpkins, acorns and fall leaves.
Turn it over and its Christmas.
Its a reversible double season tablerunner.

Ok...........now onto my next project.......hmmm....What could it be?
Here is a sneak peek.............

Happy stitching everyone!









No comments: