Friday, December 11, 2009

SANTA..........


............and his Snowbuddy hiding in the cupboard.




This is a sitichery pattern that I did with a combination of stitchery and applique in wool. See the potpourri? I call it "Gift of the Magi". It is a mixture of real frankinscense and myrrh with rosemary and other Mediterranean herbs. For the "gold" I put mini gold paper stars and gold tinsel glitter in. Almost sold out of this one.



This is another soap made by my friend Robin Weber. I call it "Gift of the Magi" also because it is very lightly scented with frankinscense and myrrh. And of course, a gold bow to top it off.

I have the shop all decked out for Christmas with 7 small trees and lots of lights and garland and primitive ornies and dolls, but when I go home at the end of the day......NOTHING.....we haven't even gotten our tree yet. There's that old saying about the shoemakers kids with no shoes. Well, that's our house.....me....the quiltmaker/crafter with not a one in sight.  How sad!

I have a hundred things to do before the quilt guild meeting Monday and will have to fit it in aound my work schedule (I work everyday til then). So...must get busy sewing and pattern designing. Will take pics and post later.......
HAPPY HOLIDAYS everyone!

No comments: